The Dallas Cowboys are making moves. After placing the exclusive franchise tag on Dak Prescott earlier today, ensuring he won’t be able to talk to other teams, the Cowboys have made another move on the offensive side of the ball.
According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys have reached an agreement on a long-term deal with Tight End Blake Jarwin.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 16, 2020
It was reported earlier this month by Patrik Walker of CBS Sports, the Cowboys planned on placing a second-round tender on Jarwin, however, they were able to hammer out a long-term deal instead.
After conflicting reports, it’s been confirmed it’s a four-year 24.25 million dollar extension with 9.25 million in guarantees.
Jarwin showed flashes that he was the heir apparent to long-time veteran Jason Witten in the 2018 season finale when he racked up seven receptions for 119 yards and three touchdowns vs the New York Giants. All signs pointed to him being the new TE1 in Dallas until the aforementioned Witten made his return for the 2019 season.
This caused Jarwin to get lost in the shuffle so to speak as Witten would start all 16 games last season, with lackluster results. Now, with Witten not expected to return, the Cowboys are all in on Jarwin to be the man in the tight end room. More details to come.
- NFC2020.09.11DeMarcus Lawrence Signs One-Year Voidable Extension, Creates $12M in Cap Space
- NFC East2020.09.04Dallas Cowboys: Jones Says Team Will Exlpore All Options At Safety
- NFC East2020.08.28Dallas Cowboys: Jones Says CeeDee Lamb Doesn’t Look Like a Rookie
- Features2020.08.21Dallas Cowboys: Aldon Smith Already Impressing at Camp