Eagles back in action next Saturday at Syracuse on ACC Network
CLEMSON, S.C. — No. 2 Clemson won its 23rd consecutive game as the Tigers moved to 8-0 overall and 6-0 in the ACC with a 59-7 victory over BC Saturday evening at Memorial Stadium. The Eagles dropped to 4-4 overall and 2-3 in ACC play with the loss. Yet, it was a historic day for AJ Dillon.
AJ Dillon rushed for a team-high 76 yards and scored a touchdown on a nine-yard run 1:01 into the second quarter. The touchdown gave him 34 on his career, tying him with Keith Barnette (1973-75) for the most career touchdowns at BC.
Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence completed 16-of-19 passes for 275 and three touchdowns while running back Travis Entienne carried the ball 16 times for 109 yards and three scores on the ground. Wide receiver Diontre Overton caught three passes for 119 yards, converting each catch for a touchdown.
In the third quarter, Dillon became BC’s all-time leading rusher on a 10-yard carry. He finished the game with 76 yards, giving him 3,741 for his career.
The Tigers gained 674 yards of offense, with 372 through the air and 302 on the ground.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The BC defense held Clemson to a field goal on its first drive, but the Tigers followed with a pair of touchdown drives to take a 17-0 lead after the first quarter.
- Clemson answered an Eagle touchdown drive early in the second quarter by scoring on all three possessions in the frame to lead 38-7 at halftime.
- Dillon became BC’s all-time rushing leader early in the third quarter after his first-quarter score tied for the program record.
- BC is 2-31 all-time against top-five opponents and 31-110-1 against ranked opponents.
- The Eagles have lost nine consecutive games against the Tigers and trail the all-time series, 9-18-2.
- Boston College is on the road for the second week in a row as it visits Syracuse on Saturday, Nov. 2 at noon on ACC Network.
- ACC2020.02.22BC Taken Deep in Series Opener drop Friday night tilt at Arizona State
- ACC2020.02.20Eagles Split Season Series; Fall 78-65 at UVA. Popovic nets 22
- ACC2020.02.17Boston College Baseball: Eagles Suffer First Loss of the Season
- ACC2020.02.16BC Birds Sweep Saturday Doubleheader. Win Game One in a Walk-Off