BRIGHTON, Mass. – The Boston College baseball team beat Bryant, 5-1, at the Harrington Athletics Village on Tuesday night. The Eagles moved to 18-28 on the season, while the Bulldogs dropped to 21-21.
BC scored two runs on a base hit off the bat of graduate left fielder Rafe Chaumette (Sugar Land, Texas) and led the rest of the way. Bryant scored in the top of the sixth to cut the lead in half before the Eagles got the run back on a double into the left-field corner by junior center fielder Barry Walsh (Sterling, Mass.).
Junior right-hander Max Gieg (Lynn, Mass.) started and struck out the side in the first. He was lifted immediately after a line drive deflected off his arm in the second. Gieg (4-1) still earned the win in a scheduled short start; tossing 1.1 innings with no base runners allowed.
The Eagles used seven pitchers in the game, combining for 14 strikeouts. Sophomore RHP John West (Shrewsbury, Mass.) was the first BC reliever of the night and he struck out four in 2.2 innings of work.
Scores: Boston College 5, Bryant 1
Records: Boston College 18-28, Bryant 21-21
Stadium: Harrington Athletics Village
· Gieg struck out the side in the top of the first.
· The Eagles plated two runs on three singles in the first; both driven in by Chaumette.
· Walsh drove in a run in the sixth on a double ripped down the left-field line.
· BC took advantage of a pair of walks in the seventh as Leary and Baruch each picked up RBI singles.
· Honeyman extended his hit-streak to seven games with a leadoff single in the first.
· Walsh hit his sixth double of the season.
Boston College is back in action Friday against Florida State at 5:30 p.m. The Eagles’ originally-scheduled game for Wednesday afternoon against Siena has been canceled due to expected rain showers throughout the day.
- ACCFebruary 10, 2024Boston College Names Bill O’Brien Head Football Coach
- ACCJanuary 28, 2024Another Season Sweep of the Irish as BC wins 61-58
- ACCJanuary 25, 2024Complete 2024 BC Football Schedule Released
- ACCJanuary 14, 2024Boston College: Shorthanded Eagles Battle Clemson on Saturday