- Gilbert’s 2017 NFL Mock Draft: 1-16
- Doucette’s ACC Baseball Notes April 25th
- The Hearttrhob’s 2017 First Round Mock
- 2017 NHL Playoffs Round 2 Picks
- BC sweeps Doubleheader from NC State 2-1, 1-0
- MLB Weekly Digest 4/24/17
- BC BASEBALL: Rapp’s Complete Game Leads Eagles to 1-0 Win
- BC BASEBALL: BC Edges NC State 2-1 in Game 1
- BC over NC State in ALS Awareness Game 8-3
- Boston College Jay McGillis Memorial Spring Game Postgame Quotes
BC BASEBALL: Casey leads the way with 2-for-3 day
- Updated: April 17, 2017
BC BASEBALL Can’t Complete Series Sweep, Fall to Duke in Finale
Casey leads the way with 2-for-3 day
Score: Duke 9 Boston College 2
Records: Boston College (12-21, 3-15 ACC) at Duke (19-19, 7-11 ACC)
Location: Jack Coombs Field in Durham, N.C.
Series: BC wins the series, 2-1
- Junior Donovan Casey went 2-for-3 with a walk and hit by pitch. He has a hit in the last four games. He also logged his fifth outfield assist in the sixth inning.
- Junior Jake Palomaki and senior Michael Strem drove in the two BC runs.
- Freshman Jacob Yish was tallied a base hit and scored a run. He has a hit in five of the last seven games for the Eagles.
- Duke jumped out to 4-0 lead in the first off junior right-handed starter Brian Rapp on four hits and hit batter. The Blue Devils did not look back, scoring two more in the third and three in the sixth for a 9-0 lead.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Blue Devils jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first. They loaded the bases with one out on two hits and a hit by pitch. Rapp got a strikeout swinging one three pitches for the second out but Kennie Taylor hit a double off the wall in right center to clear the bases and give Duke a three-run lead. Max Miller followed with a bloop single to center to score Taylor before Rapp got a groundout to get out of the inning.
- Duke added two more in the third to make a 6-0 lead. The Blue Devils loaded the bases on a single, hit by pitch and a walk. Erikson Nichols hit a sac fly to right to plate one run. With runners on the corners, Rapp was called for a balk to score the second run.
- The Blue Devils scored three off sophomore RHP John Witkowski in the sixth to take a 9-0 lead.
- The Eagles plate their first two run in the game in the seventh, chasing starter RHP Ryan Day. Yish led off with a single and freshman Brian Dempsey was hit by a pitch to put two on. RHP Matt Mervis came on in relief and Casey singled to load the bases. Palomaki grounded out to score one and Strem chopped one to short to plate a second run. Sophomore Gian Martellini drove one to deep center but it was caught at the warning track for the third out.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Eagles are 2-12 when opponents record at least 10 hits in 2017.
- BC’s five-game win streak against Duke came to an end with the Blue Devils taking the series finale.
- The Eagles are 18-12 in the all-time series and 8-7 in Durham. They have won six of the 10 series between the two squads.
The Eagles travel to Hanover, N.H., on Tuesday, April 18 for a 3 p.m. bout at Dartmouth.