America East Basketball 2020‐21 season general provisions:
1. A team must play a minimum of 12 NCAA Division I games to be eligible for the America East Playoffs.
2. Seeding will be determined by a team’s winning percentage in conference games.
3. All ties will be broken using team winning percentage in conference games.
4. Ties will be broken from top to bottom of the standings (i.e., a tie at 1st must be broken before breaking a tie at 3rd).
1. Winning percentage in conference games versus the other teams with which it is tied (i.e. head‐to head‐competition).
2. Winning percentage in conference games versus the other conference opponents in descending rank order.
a. In the event of arriving at an opponent that one of the tied teams did not play, skip that opponent and move on to the next common opponent in descending rank order.
b. In the event of arriving at another group of tied opponents (i.e. opponents with identical winning percentages yet to be broken by tie break) when comparing records, each team’s winning percentage versus the combined tied opponents is used rather than the performance versus the individual tied opponents. This holds true even if the tied teams have not played an equal number of times against the tied opponents.
c. Teams that have opted out of the season will not be included in tie-breaker No. 2.
3. Quality of top wins. Combined opponents’ winning percentage of a school’s top four wins.
4. Better NCAA Evaluation Tool (NET) ranking through end-of-conference regular‐season games.
5. Draw conducted by the Commissioner or her designee.
- America East Conference2021.03.02Hartford, UMass Lowell Earn #AEPlayoffs Semifinal Berths with Wins
- Radio Shows2021.02.28#AEPlayoffs: Hartford, UAlbany, UMass Lowell Advance to Quarterfinals
- America East Conference2021.02.25Stony Brook Deemed 2021 #AEBASE Favorite
- America East Conference2021.02.23Final Men’s #AEHoops Honors Bestowed with Playoffs Set to Start