BOSTON – For the first time this season, all 10 #AEHoops programs were in action last weekend and four of the series ended in sweeps.
Vermont ran its win streak to five games in a row with a sweep of Maine in which its average margin of victory was 31.5 points. UAlbany, UMass Lowell, and New Hampshire also took both games of their series as the Great Danes downed NJIT, the River Hawks took care of Binghamton and the Wildcats swept Stony Brook on the road. UMBC and Hartford had the lone split of the weekend, with each team taking a game. Full Schedule/Results
Five more series are currently scheduled for the weekend with Hartford hosting Vermont, Binghamton visiting Maine, UMass Lowell entertaining UMBC, New Hampshire hosting UAlbany, and Stony Brook heading to NJIT. Any schedule changes will be announced on Twitter @AEHoopsNews.
Here are the week #7 men’s basketball awards for the 2020-21 season:
Player of the Week
Obadiah Noel, UMass Lowell – Sr., Guard, Frederick, Md.
- Averaged 21.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 3.0 steals in UMass Lowell’s sweep of Binghamton.
- Shot over 80 percent for the week, including 11-of-14 from the field and 17-of-19 from the free-throw line.
- Had 26 points, five rebounds, and four steals in Saturday’s win and 17 points, seven rebounds, and four assists in Sunday’s win.
- This is Noel’s second #AEHoops Player of the Week honor of the season (11/30).
Rookie of the Week
Nick Johnson, New Hampshire – R-Fr., Guard, Bronx, N.Y.
- Averaged 9.5 points and 6.0 rebounds in leading UNH to a sweep of Stony Brook.
- Scored a career-best 13 points in Saturday’s win.
- This is Johnson’s second #AEHoops Rookie of the Week honor of the season (12/28).
Weekly Award Winners
Nov. 30 – Player of the Week: Obadiah Noel, UMass Lowell; Rookie of the Week: Blondeau Tchoukuiengo, New Hampshire
Dec. 7 – Player of the Week: Austin Williams, Hartford; Rookie of the Week: Thomas Webley, Hartford
Dec. 14 – Player of the Week: Daniel Akin, UMBC; Rookie of the Week: Not awarded
Dec. 22 – Player of the Week: Brandon Horvath, UMBC; Rookie of the Week: Not awarded
Dec. 28 – Player of the Week: Jayden Martinez, New Hampshire; Rookie of the Week: Nick Johnson, New Hampshire
Jan. 4 – Player of the Week: Traci Carter, Hartford; Rookie of the Week: Anthony Blunt, UMass Lowell
Jan. 11 – Player of the Week: Ryan Davis, Vermont; Rookie of the Week: Blondeau Tchoukuiengo, New Hampshire
Jan. 19 – Player of the Week: Obadiah Noel, UMass Lowell; Rookie of the Week: Nick Johnson, New Hampshire
About America East: The America East provides its member schools and their athletic programs a platform upon which student-athletes can achieve both collegiate and life success through the promotion and nurturing of athletic excellence, academic achievement, and leadership, on and off the field.
– #3Pillars – Building the Complete Student-Athlete –
- America East Conference2021.03.02Hartford, UMass Lowell Earn #AEPlayoffs Semifinal Berths with Wins
- Radio Shows2021.02.28#AEPlayoffs: Hartford, UAlbany, UMass Lowell Advance to Quarterfinals
- America East Conference2021.02.25Stony Brook Deemed 2021 #AEBASE Favorite
- America East Conference2021.02.23Final Men’s #AEHoops Honors Bestowed with Playoffs Set to Start