The Eagles jumped out to a 10-3 lead just over three minutes into the ballgame but went cold midway through the period. Louisville’s 16-2 run – including 10 unanswered points – gave it a 22-15 advantage with 7:40 remaining in the opening frame. BC trailed 37-24 at the break.
The lead reached 17 points in the first minute of the second half before the Eagles got within seven on Jay Heath’s 3-pointer with 9:15 to go. The Cardinals rebuilt a 15-lead with just under two minutes left. Makai Ashton-Langford scored five straight points and Heath added two in a last-gasp BC rally to close within eight but the Cardinals kept the Eagles at bay from the line, including six free throws from Jones.
Heath finished with four 3-pointers on 5-of-10 shooting from the floor. Wynston Tabbs added 15 points and Ashton-Langford 12 for the Eagles.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Heath reached the 20-point mark for the first time in his career.
- He has made seven of his last 10 and 12 of his last 17 3-point attempts.
- Tabbs added 15 points (4-9 FG; 3-8 3FG) – his ninth game in double figures for BC this season
- Ashton-Langford tallied 12 points in 24 minutes. The redshirt junior missed eight minutes in the first half due to injury before returning late in the opening frame.
- Steffon Mitchell added nine points, six boards, and two steals
- CJ Felder led BC with seven boards
- The Eagles shot 33.3% (17-51) from the floor, including 8-of-33 from beyond the arc. They were 22-of-28 from the foul line.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- 3:25 – Boston College held Louisville without a field goal for close to the final three and a half minutes.
FOR THE ANALYTICS CROWD:
- Three BC players reached double-figures in efficiency, led by Jay Heath’s 16.
- Makai Ashton-Langford was a 11 and Steffon Mitchell a 10.
- Efficiency rating is calculated using the following formula: (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK – Missed Shots – TO)
- Boston College is scheduled to travel to Duke on Wednesday (Jan. 6).
- ACC2021.01.142021 ACC Schedule Set for BC Baseball. Non-Conference Slate TBD
- ACC2021.01.13Boston College MBB: Eagles Drain 18 3-Pointers in 84-62 Win over Miami
- ACC2021.01.12Boston College Eagles Look to Bounce Back Tuesday vs. Miami
- ACC2021.01.07Eagles Edged, 83-82, at Duke. CJ Felder leads BC with a career-high 24