CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. — Boston College dropped a 101-63 decision to Syracuse in the home and ACC opener on Saturday afternoon.
Syracuse connected on close to 59% (37-63) from the floor, making 16-of-31 3-pointers on the day. BC struggled from the floor, shooting 35.4% (23-65) – making only eight of 31 attempts from beyond the arc.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- James Karnik was 8-of-13 from the floor, scoring a season-high 20 points. He is the second BC player to reach the 20-point mark this season, as Wynston Tabbs did it twice.
- Wynston Tabbs scored all 11 of his points in the first half.
- Rich Kelly added nine points, five assists, and a steal in 23 minutes of reserve play.
- DeMarr Langford and Andrew Kenny also came off the bench to combine for 11 points. Langford added six points and four rebounds, while Kenny had five points in his first action of the season.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- 38 – The 38-point loss was the largest margin of defeat by BC in Conte Forum history. The previous high – 37 – came on March 8, 2003, against Connecticut (91-54).
FOR THE ANALYTICS CROWD:
- James Karnik led BC with an efficiency rating of 17.
- Wynston Tabbs logged an EFF rating of 10.
- Efficiency rating is calculated using the following formula: (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK – Missed Shots – TO)
- Boston College is off for the next 10 days during the university’s fall final exams period.
- ACC2021.03.04Boston College Eagles Fall at Florida State. Heath pours in career-high 28.
- ACC2021.03.04BC Takes Down URI in Home Opener as Eagles post 6-4 victory
- ACC2021.03.04Boston College Baseball Shifts Out of Conference to Face Auburn
- ACC2021.03.03Eagles Travel to Tallahassee to Face #11/11 Seminoles on Wednesday