Jairus Hamilton leads three BC Eagles players in double figures with 12 points
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. — The Boston College Eagles dropped an 82-64 decision to Northwestern in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge presented by Continental Tires tonight at Conte Forum.
There were 11 lead changes in the first half. BC led 18-15 with 10:33 to play, after a Jairus Hamilton 3-pointer, but Northwestern would mount a run that put the game out of reach. A 20-2 Wildcats run over the next 7:10 made it a 35-20 game with 3:00 to go in the half. Northwestern led by 10, 37-27, at the break.
In the second half, BC managed to trim the deficit to single-digits, after a Jay Heath 3-pointer made it 46-37 with 15:26 left. But Northwestern would answer with a 16-5 push, giving it the largest lead of the game with 10:21 to play at 62-42.
The Eagles would get as close as 10 points, outscoring the Wildcats, 22-12, to make it 74-64 with 2:20 to go.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Jairus Hamilton was one of three Eagles in double-digits, with a season-high 12 points (5-10). He added four boards, three assists, and a blocked shot in 26 minutes.
- Derryck Thornton had 11 points, four rebounds, three assists, and three steals.
- Jay Heath added 10 points.
- CJ Felder came off the bench to score nine points and grab three rebounds.
- Steffon Mitchell scored eight points (2-4 3FG) and had three assists.
- Nik Popovic tallied eight points and three assists.
- BC shot 44.8% (26-58) from the floor, including 8-of-27 shooting from beyond the arc.
- The Eagles were outrebounded, 38-21.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- 1 – Steffon Mitchell was credited with one rebound on the night. It is the lowest rebounding total for the ACC’s active leader (8.2 RPG) since Feb. 17, 2018, when he also tallied one board vs. Notre Dame
FOR THE ANALYTICS CROWD:
- Jairus Hamilton led BC with an efficiency rating of 15.
- Derryck Thornton also posted a double-digit EFF rating, with 10.
- Efficiency rating is calculated using the following formula: (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK – Missed Shots – TO)
- Boston College plays its first ACC road game of the season when it heads to Notre Dame on Saturday.
- Tipoff is set for 2 p.m. and the game will air live on ESPNU. Jordan Bernfield and Dalen Cuff have the call.
- The game can also be heard live on the Boston College Learfield IMG College Sports Network with Josh Maurer and Danya Abrams on WEEI 850 AM.
- ACCNovember 29, 2023Seven Eagles Earn All-ACC Honors
- ACCNovember 25, 2023Boston College Heads to Bowl Game on Three-Game Slide
- ACCNovember 17, 2023Boston College Comes Up Short at Pittsburgh
- ACCNovember 4, 2023BC Bowls Over Syracuse; Extends Win Streak to Five Games