There were a few major changes on the New England Patriots this week. They traded for Mohammed Sanu and Josh Gordon was placed on the injured reserve. Here are a few players that fantasy football owners should start tomorrow.
1. Nick Chubb- Running Back- Cleveland Browns- Let’s be honest, running the ball is probably the best way for Cleveland to compete and possibly win against the Patriots. The Patriots pass defense can slow down the top receivers on any team which means Chubb will likely get lots of carries and big gains.
My Projection- 110 rushing yards, two touchdowns
2. N’Keal Harry- Wide Receiver- New England Patriots- Harry gets a big opportunity to test himself against Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams who both return from hamstring injuries. Sanu recently joined the Patriots. Julian Edelman is questionable so Harry should get plenty of chances to gain chunks and yards and touchdowns.
My Projection- Six receptions, 110 yards, two touchdowns
3. Mason Rudolph- Quarterback- Pittsburgh Steelers- This may cause a few fantasy owners to scratch their heads but try to see the logic before making any quick judgments. This is simple, Rudolph is going against the Dolphins defense. The Dolphins are still trying to win their first game.
My Projection- 315 passing yards, five touchdowns
1. D.J. Moore- Wide Receiver- Carolina Panthers- It wouldn’t be a good idea to start Moore against the San Francisco pass defense.
2. Phillip Lindsay- Running Back- Denver Broncos- Lindsay struggled against the Kansas City Chiefs 29th ranked run defense last week. It would be best to keep him on the bench.
3. Baker Mayfield- Quarterback- Cleveland Browns- Mayfield will ball out at some point given an easier schedule down the road and the seemingly imminent trade to acquire an elite offensive lineman. However, it would be best to keep Mayfield benched especially against the New England Patriots number one overall defense in the NFL.
James Conner- Running Back- Pittsburgh Steelers- Conner is due for a breakout game. Steelers Full Back Roosevelt Nix is returning and the Miami Dolphins run defense won’t be able to contain Conner.