- Gilbert’s 2017 NFL Mock Draft: 1-16
- Doucette’s ACC Baseball Notes April 25th
- The Hearttrhob’s 2017 First Round Mock
- 2017 NHL Playoffs Round 2 Picks
- BC sweeps Doubleheader from NC State 2-1, 1-0
- MLB Weekly Digest 4/24/17
- BC BASEBALL: Rapp’s Complete Game Leads Eagles to 1-0 Win
- BC BASEBALL: BC Edges NC State 2-1 in Game 1
- BC over NC State in ALS Awareness Game 8-3
- Boston College Jay McGillis Memorial Spring Game Postgame Quotes
BC beats Harvard in rain-shortened Beanpot Final 3-2
- Updated: April 20, 2017
BC BASEBALL WINS BEANPOT CHAMPIONSHIP
Strem sparks first inning rally
Box Score (PDF)
Score: Boston College 3, Harvard 2
Records: Boston College (13-22) vs. Harvard (13-20)
Location: 4 Yawkey Way, Boston, MA Fenway Park
- Michael Strem is 2-2 with an RBI.
- Jake Alu stole three bases all of them in a Johnny Adams at bat in the 4th
- Brian Dempsey went 2-2 with two singles
Jake Alu scored on a wild pitch in the 4th inning which proved to be the difference in this one run game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Harvard second baseman Quinn Hoffman hits solo home run in 1st inning to start the scoring against Boston College starting pitcher Dan Metzdorf. In the bottom half of the inning Michael Strem hit an RBI double off Harvard pitcher Garrett Rupp into center field that scored right fielder Donovan Casey. First baseman Mitch Bigras singled into center field scoring Michael Strem.
- Jake Alu reaches base on a single in the bottom of the 4th and proceeds to steal 2nd base, 3rd base, and home on a wild pitch off Harvard pitcher J.T. Bernard.
- Harvard first bsaseman John McClean hit an RBI single to score Patrick McColl who reached on a leadoff double and then stole third base. The RBI single cut BC’s lead to 3-2 in the top of the 5th
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Three different pitchers pitched for Boston College despite only giving up two runs on four hits
- Jake Alu has now stolen three bases in two games this season, the first coming against Villanova on March 5
- The Eagles have now won their 13th Beanpot Title and their first since 2006. They are now 14-4-1 all time in the Beanpot final against Harvard.
Boston College will resume ACC play when they face North Carolina State in a three game series at home from April 21-23
- I'm a 19-year old sophomore dual major in Journalism and Sports Management at Eastern Nazarene College. Born in Boston, MA raised in Brockton, and just happy to be here at NGSC Sports.
- ACC2017.04.20BC beats Harvard in rain-shortened Beanpot Final 3-2
- NBA2017.04.07The March for the East
- ACC2017.04.06BC’s Strong Pitching leads to 5-1 win over Northeastern
- NCAAB2017.04.01Final Four Preview