Read Time:1 Minute, 49 Second
BC BASEBALL: Nelson and the BC bullpen quiet the Huskies to advance to the Beanpot Final
Jack Nelson continues to keep his ERA under 2.00 with another strong start
SCORE: Boston College 3 Northeastern 0
Records: Boston College (9-17, 2-12 ACC) Northeastern (11-15, 4-2 CAA)
Location: Parsons Field in Brookline, MA
- Junior Donovan Casey went 2-3 with a home run
- Sophomore Jack Nelson pitched 5 innings of shutout baseball, surrendering one hit out of the 17 batters he faced.
- Sophomores Zach Stromberg and John Witkowski pitched 4 innings in relief giving up only 1 earned run with a combined 5 strikeouts.
- Donovan Casey hit a lead off home run in the first at bat of the game
- Senior Chris Balogh hit a pinch hit 2 run double in the 7th inning that scored Brian Dempsey and Jake Alu in the top of the 7th
- Senior Johnny Adams hits RBI double in top of the 9th to pad the lead to 4-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A leadoff home run by Donovan Casey in the first began the scoring and a strong pitching performance by Jack Nelson with 5 innings of shutout baseball blanked the Huskies. The Eagles added two insurance runs with a 2 run double by Chris Balogh then a pair of RBI hits by Michael Strem and Johnny Adams added insurance to the lead
- Zach Stromberg and Jake Witowski were able to bolster a poor BC bullpen and maintain the lead and shutout until the 9th inning untilWitowski gave up an RBI single with 1 out.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Boston College snapped their three game losing and now advance to face University of Massachusetts in the Beanpot Final at Fenway Park.
- Donovan Casey now has a 5 game hitting streak dating back to March 29
- The Boston College defense had 24 putouts today a season high for any game they have won in
- Boston College’s pitching held Northeastern to a season low three hits.
Boston College will play Massachusetts in the Beanpot final on April 19 at Fenway Park
- I'm a 19-year old sophomore dual major in Journalism and Sports Management at Eastern Nazarene College. Born in Boston, MA raised in Brockton, and just happy to be here at NGSC Sports.