BOSTON – The competitiveness of #AEHoops was on display once again last weekend as six of the eight games were decided by single digits and three of the series were splits. Hartford was the lone team to sweep its series, taking two from Binghamton. Austin Williams’ three-pointer with 0.5 seconds left on Sunday delivered the sweep for the Hawks, who improved to 4-2 in conference play. UAlbany and Maine each won their first games of the season, earning splits with Vermont and New Hampshire, respectively, while UMass Lowell and NJIT both took a game in their series. Full Schedule/Results
With the Stony Brook program on pause, four series are scheduled for this upcoming week with Binghamton hosting Vermont, Maine visiting NJIT, Hartford heading to UMass Lowell and New Hampshire hosting UMBC. Any schedule changes will be announced on Twitter @AEHoopsNews.
Here are the week #6 men’s basketball awards for the 2020-21 season:
Player of the Week
Traci Carter, Hartford – Sr., Guard, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Averaged 13.5 points and 5.0 assists and 5.0 steals in a perfect 2-0 week for Hartford.
- Had 15 points, eight assists, and six steals in Sunday’s win over Binghamton to secure the series sweep.
- Shot 50 percent from the floor (9-of-18) including 60 percent from three-point land (6-of-10).
- This is Carter’s first career #AEHoops Player of the Week honor.
Rookie of the Week
Anthony Blunt, UMass Lowell – Fr., Guard, Bowie, Md.
- Contributed to a 1-1 week for UMass Lowell by averaging 7.0 points and 3.0 rebounds off the bench vs. NJIT.
- This is Blunt’s first career #AEHoops Rookie of the Week honor.
Weekly Award Winners
Nov. 30 – Player of the Week: Obadiah Noel, UMass Lowell; Rookie of the Week: Blondeau Tchoukuiengo, New Hampshire
Dec. 7 – Player of the Week: Austin Williams, Hartford; Rookie of the Week: Thomas Webley, Hartford
Dec. 14 – Player of the Week: Daniel Akin, UMBC; Rookie of the Week: Not awarded
Dec. 22 – Player of the Week: Brandon Horvath, UMBC; Rookie of the Week: Not awarded
Dec. 28 – Player of the Week: Jayden Martinez, New Hampshire; Rookie of the Week: Nick Johnson, New Hampshire
Jan. 4 – Player of the Week: Traci Carter, Hartford; Rookie of the Week: Anthony Blunt, UMass Lowell
About America East: The America East provides its member schools and their athletic programs a platform upon which student-athletes can achieve both collegiate and life success through the promotion and nurturing of athletic excellence, academic achievement, and leadership, on and off the field.
– #3Pillars – Building the Complete Student-Athlete –
- America East Conference2021.01.12UMBC, Vermont Earn Men’s #AEHoops Sweeps. Hartford and Lowell Split.
- America East Conference2021.01.05Hartford Posts Lone Sweep, Three Series Splits Highlight #AEHoops Action
- America East Conference2020.12.30Stony Brook & UNH Sweep, NJIT Stuns in Men’s #AEHoops Action
- America East Conference2020.12.23Hartford, UMBC, Stony Brook Men Off to 2-0 #AEHoops Starts