The Eagles trailed by 10 at the break and by as many as 15 in the first half but took the lead with 5:34 to go on the first of three consecutive Tabbs 3-pointers. The redshirt sophomore’s hot shooting hand keyed a 10-3 run that gave BC a four-point lead with 4:08 to go.
BC led 76-75 with under a minute to play, but N.C. State’s Shakeel Moore’s jumper with 26 ticks on the clock proved to be the game-winner. BC lost the ball on its final possession, with the tie-up going to the arrow in favor of the Wolfpack.
The Eagles committed 10 first-half turnovers, translating into 14 points for the Wolfpack. BC took much better care of the ball over the final 20 minutes of play, allowing it to chip away at the double-digit deficit.
BC falls to 2-6 overall and 0-2 in ACC play.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Wynston Tabbs scored 12 of his team-high 18 points in the second half – 11 of them coming over the final 5:34 of the game
- Jay Heath added 17 points – 10 of those coming over the final 20 minutes
- Steffon Mitchell logged his first double-double of the season – and the 14th of his career. He finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
- Makai Ashton-Langford had 11 points, five boards, and three assists
- Rich Kelly came off the bench to score eight points (2-3 3FG) while James Karnik added seven points in 24 minutes of reserve play
- The Eagles connected on 47.4% (27-57) of their field goal attempts, including 10-of-23 from beyond the arc (43.5%).
- BC outrebounded NC State, 32-31.
- The Wolfpack held a 26-16 advantage in free throw attempts. NC State connected on 18 from the foul line.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- 7 – Seven of Steffon Mitchell’s 12 boards came on the offensive glass. BC ended with 13 offensive rebounds, accounting for 16 second-chance points
FOR THE ANALYTICS CROWD:
- Three BC players reached double-figures in efficiency, led by Steffon Mitchell’s 19.
- Makai Ashton-Langford was a 14 and Wynston Tabbs a 12.
- Efficiency rating is calculated using the following formula: (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK – Missed Shots – TO)
- Boston College hosts Louisville on Saturday, Jan. 2 at noon at Conte Forum.
- Radio Shows2021.01.17Eagles Fall 80-70 at Notre Dame. Steffon Mitchell logs a double-double
- ACC2021.01.142021 ACC Schedule Set for BC Baseball. Non-Conference Slate TBD
- ACC2021.01.13Boston College MBB: Eagles Drain 18 3-Pointers in 84-62 Win over Miami
- ACC2021.01.12Boston College Eagles Look to Bounce Back Tuesday vs. Miami