BC led early, 6-5, after a Tabbs layup with 16:44 left in the first half. Florida would score eight unanswered points, taking the lead for good – 13-6 – one minute later. The Gators would build as much as a 22-point advantage in the first half and led 49-29 at the break.
The Eagles would trail by as many as 31 in the second half, unable to get things going on either side of the floor. Florida shot 56.5% (35-62) from the floor and dominated the painted area, tallying 50 of its 90 points.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Rich Kelly knocked down 3-of-4 from beyond the arc – the 31st time in his career he made at least three 3FG.
- Wynston Tabbs connected on 5-of-9 (2-3 3FG) on the night for his 12 points.
- Makai Ashton-Langford had eight points, five rebounds, two assists, and three steals.
- Steffon Mitchell led BC with four steals to go along with eight points and four rebounds.
- It was his lowest rebounding total since Feb. 16, 2020, when he tallied three boards vs. N.C. State.
- The Eagles got 26 points from its bench on the night.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- +13 – Boston College held a +13 advantage in free throws attempted on the night. The Eagles were 18-of-29 from the charity stripe.
FOR THE ANALYTICS CROWD:
- Steffon Mitchell and James Karnik led the way in efficiency for BC
- Both players posted a mark of 11.
- Efficiency rating is calculated using the following formula: (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK – Missed Shots – TO)
- Boston College travels to Minnesota on Tuesday, Dec. 8 as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- Tipoff is 7 pm ET and the game can be seen live on ESPNU.
- The game will be broadcast live on the Boston College Learfield IMG College Sports Network with Josh Maurer and Danya Abrams on WEEI 850 AM.
- ACC2021.03.01Boston College Claims Road Series Win at No. 11 Duke, 5-2
- ACC2021.02.28Eagles Win ACC Opener; Split First Two Games at No. 11 Duke
- ACC2021.02.26BC Visits No. 11 Duke to Open ACC Play. Series Opener Set for 3 P.M
- ACC2021.02.26Boston College Eagles Close Out Home Slate on Saturday vs. Notre Dame