There are surprising names on the start em list for week nine. These starters are due to give fantasy football owners the edge for week nine.
1. Matthew Stafford– Quarterback- Detroit Lions- Stafford is on fire right now. In the past two weeks, he has thrown for a combined 706 passing yards and seven touchdowns.
My Projection- 325 passing yards, three touchdowns
2. D.K. Metcalf- Wide Receiver- Seattle Seahawks- How many owners called Metcalf a potential bust before the season began? He needs to pick up the pace with receiving yards and touchdowns (402 receiving yards, four touchdowns). However, he caught two touchdowns last week against Atlanta. This could be the beginning of a breakout. He averages 17.2 yards per reception. If he becomes more involved in the Seahawks passing game, this will be great news for fantasy owners that have him on their rosters.
My Projection- 75 receiving yards, two touchdowns
3. Nick Chubb- Running Back- Cleveland Browns- Ignore the two fumbles against New England. Chubb still put up monstrous numbers against that defense. After two huge games against the top tier defenses of Seattle and New England, Chubb is determined to light up the scoreboard in Denver. Expect Chubb to do a better job of securing the football and making an impact in must-win for Cleveland.
My Projection- 150 rushing yards, two touchdowns
1. Jarvis Landry- Wide Receiver- Cleveland Browns- The Browns will likely rely on the run game and a wide-open Odell Beckham in this must-win against Denver. Landry could be open for a few catches but Beckham and Chubb will both make a bigger impact on the outcome in Denver.
2. LeSean McCoy- Running Back- Kansas City Chiefs- It was baffling when so many fantasy owners and football fans thought McCoy would be the number one option over Damien Williams. It would be best to keep McCoy on the bench.
3. Carson Wentz- Quarterback- Philadelphia Eagles- Wentz could struggle against the seventh-best defense in the NFL.
Courtland Sutton- Wide Receiver- Denver Broncos- Sutton should be the number one receiver in Denver after the team traded Emmanuel Sanders. Sutton needs more pass-catching opportunities and with Sanders out of Denver, he could gain more receptions. Sutton caught three passes last week for 72 yards. It isn’t far fetched to assume he could get over 80 receiving yards and one touchdown this week against Cleveland.
- Fantasy2019.11.16Fantasy Football Start Em Sit Em: Start Winston, Sit Watkins
- AFC2019.11.09Fantasy Football: Start em and Sit em NFL Week 10
- Fantasy2019.11.02Fantasy Football Start Em/Sit Em: Start Mathew Stafford and D.K. Metcalf
- Fantasy2019.10.26Fantasy Football Week 8: Start RB Nick Chubb, Rookie WR N’Keal Harry