● No. 20 Boston College fell to 7-4 overall and 4-3 in the ACC with a 22-21 loss to Florida State (5-6, 3-5) at Doak Campbell Stadium.
● Boston College is 5-12 all-time against Florida State and 2-6 all-time in Tallahassee.
● Sophomore running back AJ Dillon became the first player in 120 seasons of Boston College football to begin his career with back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons. Dillon went over the 1,000-yard mark on his four-yard touchdown run.
● Dillon is just the fourth player in BC history with two seasons of 1,000+ yards rushing. He joins Derrick Knight, Montel Harris and William Green with two years of 1,000 or more rushing yards.
● Dillon finished with his 12th career 100-yard game with 116 yards on 37 carries and two touchdowns.
● Dillon passed L.V. Whitworth (2004-07) for ninth all-time in rushing at BC with 2,641 career yards.
● Senior defensive end Zach Allen blocked his second career kick and first career field goal in the first quarter to end an FSU drive. Allen blocked a PAT earlier in the season in the Louisville win.
● The blocked kick by Allen was the fifth of the season for Boston College.
● Allen picked up a sack to push his total to 6.5 on the season and move him into a tie for sixth all-time at BC with Sean Guthrie (1998-01) at 18.5.
● Redshirt freshman cornerback Brandon Sebastian recorded his second career interception in the first quarter and returned the INT to the Florida State 24-yard line.
● Junior cornerback Hamp Cheevers tallied his seventh interception of the season in the second quarter. Cheevers leads the nation with his seven interceptions.
● Cheevers became the seventh Eagle all-time with seven interceptions or more in a season.
● Redshirt sophomore wide receiver Kobay White finished with seven receptions for a career-high 121 yards receiving. It marked the second 100-yard game of White’s career.
● Dillon and White were the first BC teammates with 100 yards rushing and passing since Dillon and Jeff Smith did so in week three at Wake Forest (9/13/18).
● Senior wide receiver Jeff Smith caught three passes for 59 yards, including a 26-yard touchdown; his fifth of the season through the air and sixth overall.
● The Eagles put together an 18-play touchdown drive that started in the third quarter and ended with an AJ Dillon TD on the other side. It was the longest drive of the season for BC in plays and time (6:34); both of which previously occurred vs. UMass (9/1/18).
● Redshirt-sophomore quarterback Anthony Brown completed 18-of-36 passes for 297 yards. He passed Scott Mutryn (1994-98), Mike Power (1986-89) and Quinton Porter (2001-05) to move into 12th all-time at BC with 3,237 passing yards.
● Brown completed a touchdown pass to Smith for the 28th of his career, which is tied with Paul Peterson (2003-04) for the ninth most passing TDs in BC history.,
- ACC2020.09.15Boston College Football: Week 1 Notes, the Duke Game
- ACC2020.09.10Boston College Names Football Captains. Five Captains are Selected.
- ACC2020.09.06BC Football Scrimmage Blog: Offense and Defense Finish with 60 Plays
- ACC2020.09.05ACC Announces Football Preseason Poll. Johnson and Petrula Named