Home Finale Moved to 1:30 p.m. First Pitch
RHP Matt Gill Gets Start for BC vs. Maine
Complete Game Notes Attached
BCEagles Preview: http://bit.ly/2jVbxkz
MATCHUP: Boston College (16-30, 7-20 ACC) vs. Maine (17-29, 11-10 AE)
WHERE: Harrington Athletics Village in Brighton, Mass.
WHEN: Tuesday, May 15 at 1:30 p.m.
RECORD vs. Maine: The Black Bears lead the series, 15-8
TUESDAY: RHP-Matt Gill (1-1, 3.46 ERA) vs. LHP-Eddie Emerson (0-4, 7.75 ERA)
About the Eagles
- After an idle week, BC gets back on the field sporting an overall record of 16-30; having last played on Sunday, May 6 and recording a 2-1 win over Louisville at home.
- The Eagles are 7-15 at home this season and 9-10 in against non-conference competition.
- Freshman left fielder Chris Galland is hitting a team-leading .329. He has swiped a BC single-season record 28 bases on 30 attempts. Galland has scored 35 runs and clubbed 10 doubles.
- Senior shortstop Jake Palomaki is hitting .316 with a team-best .453 slugging percentage. He reached base five times in the Eagles’ series vs. Louisville to push his career total to 370. Palomaki sits just one back of Jason Delaney’s (2002-05) program record of 371 times reached base in a career.
- Sophomore second baseman Brian Dempsey is the third BC hitter over .300 at .311. He drove in the winning run vs. Louisville (5/6) in the eighth with his 17th RBI of the year.
Scouting the Black Bears
- Maine has won five in a row, all in league play, to enter Tuesday at 17-29 overall and fifth place in America East at 11-10.
- Earlier this season, the Black Bears took one of three, winning the series opener, at No. 24 Miami (3/2).
- Right fielder Hernan Sardinas and shortstop Jeremy Pena lead the Maine lineup with .317 and .308 batting averages, respectively. Sardinas is slugging .506 with 14 doubles and six home runs, while Pena has scored a team-high 43 runs.
- Third baseman Dannay Casals has belted 11 home runs and owns a .294/.406/.562 slash line.
Last Time They Met
- BC erased a five-run deficit with a six-run eighth inning to prevail over Maine, 9-8, at Shea Field on May 16, 2017.
- Dempsey plated two runs, including the eventual game-winner in the eighth by drawing a bases-loaded walk.
- Donovan Casey earned his third win of the season by tossing the final 1.1 innings and was 1-for-4 at the dish.
All-Time vs. Maine
- Boston College trails the all-time series, 8-15, including a 5-12 mark at home. The first match-up was a 3-0 Maine win in Chestnut Hill in 1975.
- The Eagles snapped a six-game losing streak to the Black Bears with a 12-0 win in 2015.