BRIGHTON, Mass. — The No. 11 Boston College Eagles picked up their fourth straight win with a 9-3 victory over UMass Lowell on Wednesday night.
Matthew Nunan got the start for the Eagles (28-12, 12-9) and the sophomore cruised through four scoreless innings of work, striking out five and allowing just two hits to earn his second win of the season.
Boston College opened the scoring in the third inning, courtesy of a one-out, bases-loaded double by Joe Vetrano to clear the bases and put the Eagles up 3-0. Vetrano came around to score later that inning after Barry Walsh earned an RBI on a bases-loaded hit by pitch.
The momentum carried over into the fourth, with Travis Honeyman launching a two-run shot onto the hill beyond the left field fence for his sixth long ball of the season. Leading 6-1, Barry Walsh added insurance with an RBI double to the left-center gap to plate Patrick Roche. Peter Burns and Kyle Wolff both picked up RBIs on bases-loaded walks in the 5th and 7th innings, respectively.
A.J. Colarusso stepped up to get two Riverhawk batters looking with the bases loaded in the bottom of the eighth to preserve the 9-3 lead.
Eight different Eagles made it to the hit column and five drove in runs in the complete team win.
Score: No. 11 Boston College 9, UMass Lowell 3
Records: Boston College 28-12, UMass Lowell 12-26
Stadium: Harrington Athletics Village
- Travis Honeyman went 2-4 with 2 RBI and hit his 6th home run of the year
- Starting pitcher Matthew Nunan struck out five over four scoreless innings to improve to 2-0
- Eight Eagles recorded a hit, and five different Eagles logged an RBI
- A.J. Colarusso fanned four in 1.2 innings of scoreless relief work
Boston College welcomes Clemson for a three-game series at home with the first game scheduled for Friday, April 28th at 5:30 p.m.
- ACCSeptember 28, 2023Short But Blistering History Leads BC To Virginia
- ACCSeptember 24, 2023Boston College Drops ACC Road Opener at Louisville
- ACCSeptember 17, 2023Eagles Edged by #3/3 Florida State 31-29 in 10th Red Bandanna Game
- ACCAugust 14, 2023Boston College Football: Preseason Notes Practice No. 10