DURHAM, N.C. — Boston College saw its four-game win streak come to an end, as it dropped an 88-49 decision at #2 Duke on Tuesday night.
CJ Felder led the Eagles with a career-high 13 points, on 6-of-12 shooting from the floor. He added six rebounds, two blocked shots, an assist and a steal in 28 minutes.
BC trailed 8-6 through the first four minutes of play, knocking down 3-of-6 from the floor to start. But Duke began to pull away over the next four minutes as the Eagles went cold from the floor – going scoreless for a 5:04 stretch.
The Blue Devils led by nine – 21-12 – with 7:25 left in the half before closing on a 24-7 run to take a 45-19 lead at the break.
In the second half, Duke continued to control both ends of the floor, extending its lead to as many as 43 with just under two minutes to play.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Felder was the lone Eagle in double-digits with 13 points.
- Jared Hamilton added nine points off the bench – seven coming in the second half.
- Jay Heath added eight points, two assists, and a steal.
- Steffon Mitchell and Jairus Hamilton each had six rebounds.
- Mitchell added three assists, four steals, and two blocked shots.
- BC shot 33.9% (21-62) from the floor, including 3-of-18 shooting from the outside.
- Duke outrebounded the Eagles, 44-34. Both teams had 13 offensive boards.
STAT OF THE GAME:
- 10 – Boston College tallied 10 steals in the game – the fifth game this season in which BC has logged 10 or more steals. The Eagles are 4-1 in those games.
FOR THE ANALYTICS CROWD:
- CJ Felder led the Eagles with an efficiency mark of 12.
- Jared Hamilton tallied a seven and Jairus Hamilton logged a six.
- Efficiency rating is calculated using the following formula: (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BLK – Missed Shots – TO)
- Boston College plays its first game of the 2020 calendar year, hosting defending national champion Virginia on Jan. 7.
- Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. with Jay Alter and Malcolm Huckaby on the call on the ACC Network.
- The game can also be heard live on the Boston College Learfield IMG College Sports Network with Josh Maurer and Danya Abrams on WEEI 850 AM.