It is playoffs time for some fantasy football owners while others are in the last week of their seasons. Fantasy owners must make the right roster decisions this week as playoff berths are on the line as well as chances to make their leagues’ Super Bowls. Here are some players that should have big games tomorrow.
1. Kareem Hunt- Running Back- Cleveland Browns- Cleveland struggled to get the ball moving in the second half in the loss at Pittsburgh. However, the Browns have more familiarity with what Hunt can do. Expect the dual threat Hunt to be a more featured back in the game against the AFC North’s last place team, Cincinnati Bengals.
My Projection- 60 rushing yards, one rushing touchdown, 25 receiving yards
2. Matt Ryan- Quarterback- Atlanta Falcons- Ryan goes the Carolina Panthers and their 22nd overall defense in the NFL. They give up 229 passing yards per game.
My projection- 315 passing yards, four touchdowns
3. D.J. Moore- Wide Receiver- Carolina Panthers- The Atlanta Falcons have 23rd overall defense in the NFL. It would be a great idea to take advantage of play makers on both offenses as the defenses won’t have good days.
My Projection- 110 receiving yards, two touchdowns
1. Tom Brady- Quarterback- New England Patriots- Some fantasy football owners may start Brady as he is still capable of having big games especially since he has Julian Edelman and N’Keal Harry to throw to. However, Brady’s best stat stuffing days appear to be behind him.
2. Ronald Jones- Running Back- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The Colts run defense is just too good. Starting Jones is too risky given the need for fantasy owners to advance to the playoffs or the Super Bowl.
3. Terry McLaurin- Wide Receiver- Washington Redskins- McLaurin was a bright spot in the Redskins offense for two out of the last three games. He only hauled in two receptions for eight yards against the ineffective Panthers defense which could be a bad sign.
Ryan Tannehill- Quarterback- Tennessee Titans-
Tannehill is consistently throwing touchdowns and could have a bigger game this week. He is starting to get into a rhythm with more starts under his belt after taking over for Marcus Mariota. He threw for six touchdowns in the last three games. Perhaps he will throw three touchdown passes instead of two against the Oakland Raiders.