LOWELL, Mass. – As a result of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts moving to Phase IV, Step 1 of its Reopening Plan, UMass Lowell Athletics will begin welcoming limited spectators to home athletic events beginning this Friday, April 2.
Note: Spectator attendance within the venues will be restricted to a limited number of team guests. Only student-athletes and coaches can request admissions and only individuals listed on this guest list will be permitted into the facility. Fans of visiting teams will not be admitted at this time.
The change to the department policy will impact the following venues: Cushing Field, LeLacheur Park, and Wicked Blue Field. Due to spacing concerns, spectators will not be allowed into the dugout bleachers at River View Field, but spectators are allowed around the outfield and surrounding field spaces for softball events. Similarly, spectators will not be allowed for track and field events at this time due to spacing concerns for participating student-athletes.
UMASS LOWELL COVID-19 PROTOCOLS – all approved guests will receive a mobile admission pass and must provide both an e-mail and cell phone for contact tracing purposes. Acceptance of the pass and arrival at the venue constitutes the acceptance of the following procedures and policies.
- Complete a self-symptom check to ensure you are healthy prior to arriving on campus. If guests are displaying any symptoms, they should not travel to campus and attend the event.
- A face cover/mask must be worn at all times while on campus and inside the venue. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in ejection.
- Always maintain a physical distance (minimum of six feet) from those who are not in your household/traveling party.
Spectators on the team guest list, planning on attending an event, and traveling from out-of-state should adhere to the updated Massachusetts Travel Advisory.
As of Monday, March 22, all visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, are advised to quarantine for 10 days upon their arrival. Travelers in the following categories are exempt from this quarantine advisory:
• Travelers who have received a negative COVID-19 result on a test administered not more than 72 hours prior to their arrival in Massachusetts. Travelers may also test out of the quarantine advisory after arrival in Massachusetts, as long as they quarantine until receiving a negative test result.
• Anyone who is entering Massachusetts for fewer than 24 hours.
• Travelers who are fully vaccinated (i.e. who have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines OR who have received a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, 14 days or more ago) and who do not have symptoms.
SPECTATOR EXPECTATIONS & VENUE INSTRUCTIONS
All guests must abide by facility signage and event staff instructions. At no time should a spectator come into physical contact with a Tier One individual (team roster, coaches, and support staff). Physical player/guest interactions are not permitted.
Separate restroom facilities will be available to attendees. Concessions will not be available at the venue and food is not permitted inside the venues at this time.
Failure to comply with any of the policies may result in immediate removal or ban from the athletic facility and/or campus.
Guests should not arrive prior to 30 minutes before the start of the competition. Tailgating is prohibited.
Each guest must be listed on the player-guest list for entry and must show ID to be checked off the list. Exceptions and changes will not be allowed. Guests are encouraged to stay in their seats for the duration of the competition. If re-entry is necessary, identification must be shown to gate personnel to regain access to the facility.
Guests must exit the facility immediately at the conclusion of competition.
Seating will be general admission within permitted seating/standing areas. Guests must abide by facility signage and event staff instructions. All individuals must always maintain physical distance (a minimum of six feet) from others that are not in their household or traveling party.
Stay tuned to NGSC Sports for all the news from UMass Lowell.
- America East Conference2021.04.15Tom Garrick Steps Down as Head Coach at UMass Lowell
- America East Conference2021.04.10UMass Lowell Baseball: River Hawks Drop Doubleheader to Stony Brook
- America East Conference2021.03.30UMass Lowell Set to Allow Limited Spectators Beginning April 2
- America East Conference2021.03.28River Hawks Down Bearcats in Game One of Doubleheader