PARADISE, NEVADA- There are usually some twists and turns with the top 10 picks in the 2020 NFL Draft. Experts are bound to get a few predictions wrong as it is simply impossible to correctly guess every selection. Here are some of the players most likely to get their names called early.
1. Cincinnati Bengals- Quarterback Joe Burrow- LSU: Andy Dalton isn’t consistent and has suffered a few injuries as of late. It’s time to make a change. Burrow may lead LSU to an NCAA Championship win so it’s smart to draft the best passer.
2. Washington Redskins- Wide Receiver Jerry Jeudy- Alabama: The Redskins could take the top defensive player and take another Ohio State Buckeye. However, Washington has a golden opportunity to have a dynamic pass offense. The Redskins will surprise everyone and give Dwayne Haskins another dynamic pass catcher.
3. Detroit Lions- Chase Young- Defensive End- Ohio State: The Lions need to revamp the defense. They can score but Detroit needs to develop a feared defense. This is an opportunity the Lions must take.
4. New York Giants- Cee Dee Lamb- Wide Receiver- Oklahoma: The Giants offense thrives with an Odell Beckham type of receiver. New York needs that kind of deep threat again. This may be an easy decision.
5. Miami Dolphins- Tua Tagovalloa- Quarterback- Alabama- Tagovalloa nearly had his football career cut short by a devastating injury. However, it looks like he will be fine and could still have a stellar football career. The Dolphins know that Ryan Tannehill is thriving in Tennessee. Perhaps some regrets are setting in? It’s time for Miami to move on with a can’t miss quarterback prospect.
6. Los Angeles Chargers- Isaiah Simmons- Safety-Clemson- If Simmons can play alongside Strong Safety Derwin James, this is a smart pick. The Chargers need more stud young defensive players as they have one of the worst defenses in the NFL despite having two great developing players in Joey Bosa and James.
7. Carolina Panthers- Justin Herbert- Oregon- Cam Newton may not be the starting quarterback much longer. This quarterback class is actually relatively deep so the Panthers can make a change if they want to.
8. Arizona Cardinals- Derrick Brown- DL- Auburn: The Cardinals desperately need defense. Adding Brown is exactly what the doctor ordered.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jeffrey Okudah- Cornerback- Ohio State: This is sort of a no-brainer. The Jaguars traded Jalen Ramsey to the Rams. They need a shutdown corner to pair up with A.J. Bouye.
10. Cleveland Browns- Tristen Wirfs- OT- Iowa: Browns fans miss Joe Thomas. Baker Mayfield is under constant pressure. This has to stop. Cleveland needs to say no to the temptation of drafting a big-time playmaking receiver in round one. Mayfield needs better pass protection. The Browns are paying the price for trading Kevin Zeitler. Although they received a higher-end edge rusher Olivier Vernon, Cleveland sacrificed a critical offensive lineman to do it. The Browns have great run blocking but that seems meaningless with the subpar pass blocking.
Stay tuned for more 2020 NFL Draft coverage right here on NGSC Sports where we never stop.