In partnership with the French digital training firm EON Reality, Meta will launch a “metaverse academy” in France for the next academic year, as reported by the two organizations on 12th June 2022.
The metaverse is seen as the internet’s great invention and many await to experience this great technological development. The metaverse is known to create an immersive digital world for its users and it also aims to create a virtual reality instead of a 2D world. The Metaverse Academy will take these individuals’ understanding, knowledge, and skills regarding EON-XR and other XR tools to new heights. From software development to business development, the Metaverse Academy is built around providing marketable resume-building skills and experience for learners around the world.
According to the website of EON Reality, the Metaverse Academy includes:
- demonstrations of the latest solutions in knowledge and skills transfer both for education and enterprise.
- presentations of the company’s practices in engaging, supporting, and leading partner organizations in the implementation of XR solutions.
- fundamental knowledge about the process of XR platform development, content development, and problem-solving with the use of XR.
- the opportunity to discover experiences and take innovation to the next level within organizations.
This metaverse’s aim would be to train around 100 students in two roles for free in its first year. The roles they would be trained in would be as support and assistance technicians and specialist immersive technology developers. The method of teaching would be in traditional classrooms and the student’s tasks would focus on the 3D world and interactions in the augmented and virtual reality world. The metaverse academy is located in Paris, Lyon, Marseille, and Nice. Each year, it will train 20 students per city.
Crucial leaders involved in establishing the Metaverse Academy mentioned that their particular focus would be on diversity.
And they would not look at the curriculum vitae of applicants and endorse positive discrimination, with their target for the first cohort being 30 percent of women. In October 2021, Meta said it intended to initiate 10,000 jobs in Europe in five years’ time for the purpose of building the metaverse. It is predicted that in the future, employers will demand that applicants possess skills closely tied with the metaverse. Meta and Simplon said, “80 percent of the careers that will exist in 2030 have not been invented yet, highlighting the need to develop training schemes now.”
- Eman Khalid is a writer, journalist, storyteller, researcher, and media professional. She aspires to make a difference in the world through her love for weaving words. Her writings have been published on various educational, literary, and informational platforms. She has also been a co-author of various international literary anthologies. In her spare time, Eman likes to volunteer for the benefit of humanity and has worked with major non-profit organizations such as the United Nations, UNICEF, UNDP, and IOM-UN migration. Eman Khalid is an English Language and Literature student with a profound passion for learning. When she is not writing, you will find her reading history books, listening to songs, stargazing, taking long walks at the beach, and capturing the beauty of nature through her camera lens. Connect with Eman on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/emankhalidwriter/
- TechJuly 25, 2022Want to Protect Your Online Privacy? We Have a Solution for You!
- The HubJuly 5, 2022Online Learning is the Future of Education
- EntertainmentJune 19, 2022Are Increased Crime Rates and Extensive Usage of Social Media Linked?
- TechJune 17, 2022Meta to Launch “Metaverse Academy” in France